Conditions for use and privacy of this website
COPYRIGHT © Banco Central de Chile/Central Bank of Chile. All rights reserved.
By simply using this site, the user indicates acceptance of the following rules and conditions for use:
- You may consult, copy to your computer, print or reproduce the material available on this web site, without altering content and solely for your personal use, or use within your company or organization, provided you clearly indicate at all times that this is the property of the Central Bank of Chile.
- Selling, distributing, circulating or transmitting the material contained on this site in any form and for any reason is strictly forbidden, unless you have prior, express authorization from the Central Bank of Chile. The content of this site and all publications included herein are protected by Law 17,336 on Intellectual Property. In any case, please be advised that the Central Bank of Chile does not grant, nor has it granted, its sponsorship, support, endorsement or authorization to third parties regarding the sale, distribution or transmission on their own account of statistical, economic or other data emanating from the Central Bank and that are contained on its institutional website. Also, notwithstanding the provision in the first paragraph of this section, and in strict compliance with said intellectual property legislation and other terms included in these conditions for use, especially in section iv, such information can be used without obtaining the express authorization of the Central Bank of Chile in situations where that legislation specifically permits it, particularly as set forth in its Title III, considering in this case the requirement to indicate the Central Bank of Chile as source of the information in question.
- This site also contains information from other sources as expressly indicated. In these cases, the consent of these other sources is required for reproduction of their material.
- The information contained in this site is available solely for informational purposes and at no charge, and the Central Bank of Chile assumes no responsibility whatsoever, nor offers any guarantee of any kind, for the use or application made of said information, particularly in terms of its accuracy, timeliness or integrity.
- The user of this site expressly recognizes that the Central Bank of Chile has made the maximum effort to ensure the accuracy and dependability of the information and the instructions that make up this site, but in any case, the Central Bank of Chile assumes no responsibility for any possible deficiencies or inaccuracies in the content of this site, whatever their cause or origin may be.
- The user agrees to use this site and the information it contains on his sole exclusive responsibility, declaring expressly that he is aware and accepts that the Central Bank of Chile is not responsible and does not assume any liability whatsoever for any losses, damages, expenses or any other harm that may arise from access to the website or the use of the information contained therein, thus freeing the Central Bank of Chile of any responsibility for direct, indirect, foreseeable or unforeseeable, present or future damages, or those of any kind that the user may experience due to the information and services provided on this site or that could arise from its use. Therefore, before proceeding to use or apply information from this site in any kind of acts, contracts, business and operations, you should verify the information with the official sources cited and compare it with other publications issued by the Central Bank of Chile.
- The data of a personal nature that the Central Bank of Chile requires through any of the services provided to users of this site, such as their e-mails, postal addresses or any other data, will not be revealed, published, transmitted or sold to third parties.
- Recognition mechanisms (cookies) may be transferred from the Bank website or that of any of its services to users’ computers, for identifying and maintaining available in these systems relevant data for the same. The Bank may at any time and on its own discretion change or terminate these mechanisms.
- This site offers mechanisms for sending questions or suggestions to the Bank. The user must avoid sending messages or attaching files that are not of a strictly institutional nature, such as announcements, advertising, school work, computer viruses, chain mails, obscene, illicit or slanderous material or information, or any other matter outside of the functions of the Central Bank of Chile, and the user expressly declares s/he is aware of and accepts these limitations.
- For the effects of these conditions of use, the concept “information” includes among others, computer programs and copies of same that the Central Bank of Chile distributes or places at users’ disposition through this site for the ends that it considers appropriate to authorize, subject to the other conditions of use indicated herein.
- The user recognizes and assumes her/his obligation to provide indemnity for and maintain the Central Bank of Chile free of any type of damage be this direct or indirect, as well as any complaint, legal action or suit that could arise, including without limitation expenses incurred for legal counseling or advice of any other nature, derived directly or indirectly from the use that has been made of the services or contents of this site or that arise from incompliance with the present conditions of use.
- Any conflict, controversy or suit arising from the access, use or application of this site, or the information contained herein, will be resolved according to the legislation of the Republic of Chile, and submitted to the jurisdiction of its courts. The Central Bank of Chile has no responsibility and assumes no responsibility whatsoever for the content of the websites of other organizations that may be linked to this site.
- The Central Bank of Chile reserves the right to change, add, limit or discontinue, at its own discretion, the structure, presentation and contents of this site, along with denying access to users, companies or organizations that infringe the dispositions that govern its use, a decision the Bank is entitled to take fully at its own discretion.
- The Central Bank of Chile reserves the unilateral and discretional right to change these conditions of use whenever it considers this relevant, and it will be understood that the user has accepted this change by the sole fact of continued use of the site once the respective modification has been incorporated.
If the user wishes to use the information contained in this site for any end other than those defined herein, express authorization must be requested from the:
Banco Central de Chile Gerencia de Asuntos Institucionales Agustinas 1180 Santiago, Chile Código Postal 6500590 Tel: 56 2 670 2000 Fax: 56 2 6984847